Monday, June 30, 2008

OnStartups and Life ...

I read Dharmesh Shah's thoughtful posts at onstartups.com. I really like how he makes you think and encourages you to start something of your own. It is obvious that he does not necessarily make it sound simple (contrary to popular belief), but he surely makes the case in simple terms.

Maybe it brings the missing element (the courage) out of me, someday!

And why should I think what I do must change the world or how it operates? That's hard, probably and is the forte of the legends. I need to do simple things one at a time, for my own sake, to recognize the importance of failure in life. Ultimately, success is, like someone has said, ability to go from one failure to another, without any loss of enthusiasm.

To conclude, I understand Sydney Harris' quote:

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is the regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable!

Now only if I realized it!

No comments: